Culture and customs
Australia and Australians are unique! Here’s a few tips to get you started in becoming an Aussie.
- Do things outdoors – a lot of Australian life takes places outdoors, in sport, picnics or just hanging out. Tr y it!
- Fall in love with the wildlife-you don’t need to visit a zoo, just look outside your window!
- Try the local stuff-explore the great cafes, restaurants, markets and even supermarkets for some new flavours
- Australia is a passionate sporting nation, but you don’t have to be a super athlete-try bushwalking, stand up paddle boarding, or adventure racing
- The computer and internet were invented for work! In your free time why not visit a local pub and hear some live music or catch one of the local festivals instead
Being Australian: http://www.dfat.gov.au/facts/people_culture.html